Thursday, June 23, 2011

It is Well With My Soul

Dear Dearest Friends,

Pastor Clark, brother, friend, child of God and uncle, went home last evening! I imagine his heavenly party was like non other.
I have never attended a funeral/worship service with the person being honored is present. For 3 hours our family/dear friends worshiped our Lord with song, prayer, scripture and Spirit. We poured our love onto Clark with touch, hugs, kisses and words. We told him about the Godly legacy he has left with us. We laughed as we shared fond memories of Clark and "Clarkisms". It was so wonderful! Several times Clark would open his eyes (he is legally blind in one eye) so we all would stick our face in front of his one eye trying to get him to view our smile. It was like fighting for the blue light special.
I surrounded my arms around his head and had my hand over his heart, experiencing each life leaving beat, however weak or strong. With my mouth near his ear, I had private comments of love and gratitude, releasing him to run to Jesus. I never shed a tear! I was full of joy, hope and assurance that heaven trumps earth!
Even more importantly than expressing our love to Clark, we filled the space with our deepest love, trust, gratitude and honor to our wonderful Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! He is so good. His mercies were present even though I was blind to them at times. Oh how I love Jesus and completely trust Him with all details of my life! I only want His will and His ways no matter how difficult it may be. To suffer, sacrifice of Christ is an honor to me.
Near 8:20 I felt his last heart beat, and a few moments later he breathed his last. Good byes, I love you and see you soon, filled the room. Feeling the presence of the Lord come to take his beloved away is amazing. Tears of joys, arms waving, praises, relief, closure and suddenly hunger for many.
As a group, we sang 'It is Well With My Soul'.
This morning I continue to feel joy and peace having the vision of Clark hanging out with Father Abraham, Jacob, questioning Job, reuniting with those Clark knew who had passed before him, and of course sitting at the foot of Jesus in awe at seeing his face and audibly hearing his voice.
I am over flowing with gratefulness that my dear brother is completely healed! Yes, his body failed him, and soon he will have a whole new body just as handsome as the last. But, I am referring to his emotional healing. He is completely whole, without any emotional pain. He has full understanding and resolve of all of his most painful life experiences. And my dear friends, he has had many from childhood through until last night. Clark never complained with any ache or pain, he never talked negatively or dishonored anyone who out right broke his heart, he always forgave, but he did carry with him some deep wounds of failure and shame that was hard to heal. It is now finished. I'm so thrilled!
Thank you for caring enough to take the time to read my thoughts. It is a blessing to me. I am so blessed that you have taken this journey with me.
Loving you,
Tucked Safely and Happily Under His Mighty Wing,
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment